Assessing students throughout the year, on both a formative and summative basis, is a critical part of student success. After all, you need to know what your students know (and more importantly, what they don’t know) to make the most of your time in the classroom. There’s just one problem: creating, giving, and grading assessments is incredibly time consuming.
Knowing this, MobyMax created a suite of assessments with a variety of different tests designed to cover all of a teacher’s assessment needs. Here’s a quick look at the different types of assessments available in MobyMax:
- Benchmarker Assessments
- Grade level tests that efficiently assess all standards within a grade level for a particular subject
- Placement Tests
- Adaptive diagnostics that quickly identify a student’s current grade level proficiency as well as which standards the student has and has not mastered
- Fluency Assessments
- A quick way to assess foundational fluency skills such as math facts, alphabet skills, number sense, and more
- A custom test maker that allows teachers to quickly create anything from a short exit ticket to a full unit test using pre-made problems from the MobyMax curriculum or problems they create themselves
- Skill Checker Assessments
- A skill-level assessment that allows teachers to assess individual skills within a standard to pinpoint exactly where student understanding is breaking down
MobyMax’s Assessments are fast, flexible, and accurate. The variety of assessment types allows teachers to choose the perfect test for different scenarios.
But there are 3 more keys that set MobyMax’s assessments apart and make them even more useful in the classroom:
- MobyMax’s assessments are aligned with your state standards, ensuring that your students are practicing the precise content outlined in your standard and making it easy to search for the correct problems or skills to include on an assessment.
- MobyMax’s assessments are automatically graded and have extensive reporting, allowing teachers to easily and quickly analyze data and make actionable decisions. You can sort data by student, class, school, test, and more. You can even drill down to individual problems on an assessment to review student answers.
- MobyMax’s assessments are fully integrated with MobyMax’s adaptive learning. This means you can give an assessment and then ask Moby to automatically assign lessons to target missing skills or standards based on student results. This saves teachers hours of time and allows for truly differentiated content that can fill in learning gaps and make sure all students are succeeding.
Here's a short video illustrating the power of MobyMax’s assessment suite:
Or watch on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/740084982